Thank you for submitting the paper to IEEE PEDG 2021.
The next step is to provide consent through the consent form (Download here) to release conference presentation, prepare presentation, and the accompanying recording for the paper that are due by 11:59 pm (ET) on May 31, 2021. The recorded presentation will be available to attendees on-demand. In addition to the recorded presentation, the presenter(s) of the paper are also expected to present their paper live during the conference. More details on the session in which the paper will be presented will be provided in the next few weeks.
The presentation template may be downloaded here and the guidelines for recording the presentation are provided below.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording, and your final file is in the MP4 format.
Common Recording Platforms
Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting
Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
You can also use the two step method covered below:
Create Voice Over Power point: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
and convert to MP4 https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/knowledge-base/knowledgebase/how-to-save-voppt-to-mp4/
Tips for making pre-recordings:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo:
- Rooms should be small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Adjust if needed.
- Feel free to show face over camera when making the recording.
Presentation file requirements
- All recording files must be in one of the following formats: webm, mpeg4, mov, avi, mpegs, wmv, flv.
- All presentation files must be in one of the following formats: pptx or pdf.
- Size of the files must be limited to 2 GB.
- A bit rate of 1mbps or less: To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate. (*Note: The platform will accept videos with a higher bit rate, but some quality may be lost during the upload process)
- Resolution = 720p HD
- For oral presentations, the recording length shall not exceed 15 minutes. We recommend having a total number of slides less than 20.
- For digital posters, they must be converted to presentations, and the record length shall not exceed 3 minutes.
Thank you for your participation. Looking forward to your attendance.